Governor Brown has signed into law that it is now illegal to fine or punish those in HOA’s who do not water their lawn amid growing concerns about California’s water crisis. California has been in a severe drought now for over two years and new water laws have been popping up all over Southern California.
In some cities watering your lawn can only take place on certain days during certain times. Other cities are starting to ban watering all together. While we echo the Governors concerns about conservation, having to look at a neighbors lawn who clearly is not being kept up can be an eye sore too. Sunset Magazine has some great ideas about DIY yards with Drought resistant plants that help keep the look of your yard up while having to water minimally.
Water conservation is important. Follow these tips to do your part and help save water for California.
– Take a shorter shower.
– Don’t leave water running while brushing your teeth.
– Update landscaping to drought tolerant plants.
– Check faucets and pipes for leaks regularly.
– Wash full loads of laundry.
– Use a broom not a hose to water down your driveway.